Article provided by: Quote Savage
Insurance policies can be taken to cover damages caused to properties. Homes, for instance, can be covered against fires and vandalism. In case a house is vandalized or razed by fire, an insurance carrier will pay for the repairs.
Quote Savage has helped the residents of Florida find the perfect homeowners insurance cover for years. If you’re looking for homeowners insurance in Tampa, we are here for you.
The property insurance that covers losses after a house or its assets have been damaged is known as homeowners insurance. Costs covered by this policy include:
- Interior and exterior damage to the building
- Personal property inside the house that is damaged during the incident
- Liability coverage, where your insurer covers costs for injuries sustained by those inside your house
What are the Different Types of Homeowners Insurance?
The different types of coverage provided by homeowners insurance include:
- Basic Form – A basic form policy has a list of perils that are covered. Any damage caused by a peril outside the list is not covered. Perils that are covered by a basic form policy include fire, explosion, vandalism, and vehicle collision.
- Broad Form – This type also has a limited number of listed perils, but they’re more than those covered by the basic form. In addition to what the basic form covers, the broad form also covers burglary, accidental water damage, and falling objects.
- Special 'All Risk' Form – A special form cover is all-inclusive. It covers all types of damage, apart from some which may be specifically excluded. Earthquakes and war are examples of excluded perils.
If you live in Florida, you may require special covers for natural disasters such as hurricanes and floods. That is because such extreme weather conditions are common in the state, and many insurers may not include them in basic covers.
What Factors Affect the Cost of a Homeowners Insurance Policy?
On average, the annual cost of a homeowners insurance cover in the United States, according to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners is around $1,200. However, that amount varies due to factors such as:
- Location – Some states such as Florida and Louisiana are considered high-risk areas by insurers due to frequent extreme weather conditions. Those living in such states pay more for premiums. Idaho and Oregon are examples of places where homeowners insurance rates are generally low and below the national average. That is mainly because these two states are less prone to natural disasters
- Age of the Home – Older houses are more susceptible to damage from plumbing and fire hazards and, therefore, attract higher premiums.
Quote Savage has operations in multiple areas around Florida. We understand the risks that come with living here, and we are eager to help the residents get the protection that they deserve.
Protect Your Home
Having a home insurance cover means that you will still have a roof over your head even if the worst happens to your house. Homeowners insurance saves you repair and replacement costs when your home is destroyed. Call us on (727) 900-5888 for the best quotes on homeowners insurance in Tampa.Homeowners Insurance Tampa
View Larger Map